Westminster Veterinary Hospital Now Offers Laser Therapy for Pets!
Laser Therapy accelerates the body's natural healing process and provides tangible benefits to your pet. Laser therapy is effective in treating chronic conditions, acute conditions, as well as post-surgical pain and inflammation without drugs or sedation.
Benefits of Laser Therapy
- Non-pharmacologic pain relief
- Effective for difficult conditions
- Alternative to surgery
- Fast treatment times
- Easy, comfortable, non-invasive treatment
Clinical studies and real-world use over several decades have proven that laser therapy alleviates pain and inflammation, reduces swelling, and stimulates nerve regeneration and cells involved in tissue repair.
Deep, soothing laser therapy...
- provides a drug-free option for enhanced patient care
- relieves pain, inflammation, and swelling
- is extremely well tolerated by pets
- has no known side effects
- may decrease the need for surgery and medications
- reduces healing time
- requires no sedation or clipping
- is quick to administer (approximately 3 to 6 minutes per site)
Laser Therapy helps pets suffering from a wide range of conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic ear infections
- Acute traumas (e.g., sprains or strains without radiographic changes or ruptured ligaments)
- Degenerative joint and disc disease
- Dermatologic disorders (e.g., hot spots, interdigital dermatitis, acral lick granuloma, allergies, feline acne)
- Hip dysplasia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Periodontal disease (e.g., feline stomatitis) and tooth extraction pain relief
- Post-operative healing (e.g., to treat incision pain and reduce inflammation before the patient wakes up)
- Post-surgical healing and pain relief
- Wounds, cuts, bites
If you think that your pet would benefit from laser therapy call us at (410) 848-3363 to schedule a consultation to find out how laser therapy can help your dog or cat.
Watch this video demonstration of a laser therapy session to see how a typical patient reacts to the laser.